QUESTION: What time does school get out each day?

ANSWER: During distance learning, please click here.  Click here for our Bell Schedule page when not in Distance Learning.


QUESTION: How do I report my child’s absence?

ANSWER: You can call our attendance line at (562) 464-2322 or email us at grattend@ewcsd.org.


QUESTION: Where can I get a copy of the school calendar?

ANSWER: Click here to view our school calendar.


QUESTION: How can I check my child's grades or attendance?

ANSWER: You have access to our Parent Portal here.  Information on how to create a Parent Portal account can be found here.  


QUESTION: What is the best way to communicate with my child's teacher?

ANSWER: Check with your child's teacher to figure out their preferred method of communication (phone or email). You can find a list of our teachers that includes each teacher's email address and phone number here (please note that if you are calling a teacher during school hours you will automatically be put through to their voicemail). 


QUESTION: What are the office hours?


MODIFIED OFFICE HOURS (Effective on August 17th)
In an order to minimize the exposure to COVID 19, our school and district offices will operate with modified services to minimize in-person contacts.  All of our offices will be open to the public by appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during regular operating hours. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be reserved for internal operations, but will be closed to the public for in-person appointments. Parents may still contact the office via phone to make inquiries or make appointments. 

Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 4:00pm


QUESTION: I really want my child to attend Granada, but we don't live in the attendance area. Is it still possible to attend?

ANSWER: Possibly, you need to apply for a permit (inter/intra). Permits are accepted based on grade level availability according to board policy. Contact the district office for information on permits at (562) 907-5900.


QUESTION: If my child is in 5th grade and he/she currently attends an EWCSD elementary school, do I need to complete any paperwork to enroll at Granada next year?

ANSWER: If you live in the Granada attendance area (see map) there is nothing you need to do.  If you live outside of the Granada attendance area you will need to apply for a permit.


QUESTION: How do I enroll my child at Granada?

ANSWER: We only accept enrollment online.  Click here to enroll online.


QUESTION: Is there an after school program at Granada? 

ANSWER: Yes, it is available through the Woodcraft Rangers. 


QUESTION: Where can I find information about the food program (breakfast & lunch) at Granada?

ANSWER: Click here for online access to the Nutrition Services Department. It contains school menus, meal prices, etc. 


For SS Teachers